GOAL has contacted the Defence Forces in relation to the expansion of its international team in Sierra Leone and Liberia as it scales up its programmes in these countries. GOAL has enquired if retired members of the Defence Forces would be interested in volunteering for this mission. The positions most suited are those relating to construction and logistics. The following is a job overview. Full job descriptions and the country operating context are available from GOAL.
Job Title: Emergency Field Logistics Manager
Job Location: Sierra Leone
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: 3 – 6 months
The 2014 Ebola outbreak is the largest in history and the first in West Africa. As of September of this year Liberia has reported over 3,000 cases with Sierra Leone reporting over 2.500. Due to the scale of the outbreak in West Africa GOAL has decided to provide assistance to the large number of people who have become infected.
The overall objective of the position is to provide the logistical support required to enable field project activities to proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to GOAL’s logistics procedures and to provide full support to the overall country team.
- Coordinate with the planning and operational requirements with the Logistics Coordinator;
- Line management of the logistics team in your location;
- Stock management;
- Coordination of site procurement and supply chain;
- Oversee management of fleet, generators and other GOAL assets;
- Ensure that the site has the appropriate IT and communication systems support;
- Oversee compound management in accordance with GOAL security protocols;
- Ensure that GOAL logistics policies and procedures as outlined in GOAL Logistics Manual are rigorously followed;
- Train and build capacity of local logistics staff members in best practice, GOAL logistics procedures, systems and management;
- Submission of periodical reports to LC and AC as outlined in the GOAL Logistics Manual and internal management reporting system;
- Liaison with local authorities as appropriate for the benefit of GOAL;
- Co-ordination with the Logistics Cluster;
- Liaison with GOAL logistics staff in other sites as appropriate.
- At least 3 years’ experience in logistics, finance, administration or related field, preferably in a field environment;
- Proven management ability to lead and motivate the team;
- Ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel).
- Qualification in Logistics/Supply Chain Management;
- Understanding of budget development and monitoring;
- Experience in emergency operations and logistics for the support of humanitarian and recovery contexts, as well as development programmes.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
GOAL Contact Details:
Senior Manager Mob: +353 866 483 483
GOAL Dublin Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
12-13 Cumberland St. Web: www.goal.ie
Dun Laoghaire Skype: dhanniffy