In the short to medium term, ARCO will focus on:
- Addressing the implementation of the aim and objectives adopted during its 2019 Annual General Meeting, as listed in paragraph 4 above.
- Actively engaging with the Alliance of Retired Public Servants in addressing the repeal of FEMPI legislation, pension parity and negotiation rights for public servants.
- Extending its membership base.
- Advancing the Combined Veterans’ Strategy along with ONE and IUNVA.
- Enhancing its interface with RACO, CAOGA, the Defence Forces Benevolent Fund, and the Irish Defence Forces Officers Club (IDFOC).
- Reviewing its existing Rules which were adopted in 2013.
- Preparing a framework for the elaboration of a Veterans’ Policy.